Our client is an engineering contractor with In-house design, fabrication, on-site installation, refurbishment and project management capabilities. Located strategically in the UK, working for clients across London and the South, completing projects including civil, mechanical and electrical engineering. Naturally providing the highest quality service. Clients benefit from their experienced, talented and highly trained team of people. With an ambitious strategy, they are poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic then this is the right place for you.
Due to the continued success and targeted growth, the company are now looking for an experienced and driven Civil Engineer/Project Manager. You will work closely with key clients to deliver projects to both programme and budget.
The role will typically involve engineering, procurement, construction support and commissioning of water and wastewater treatment facilities as well as energy production and district heating facilities. With a focus on safely delivering first-class projects on time and within budget, the successful candidate needs to maintain a strong working relationship with customers. They require an experienced and organised individual to join them and help growth to meet client needs. The candidate will lead the company civil engineering capability encompassing both our Mechanical and electrical offerings.
• Responsible and accountable for the performance of projects reporting directly to the company directors
• Maintain excellent working relationships with the clients/partners and identify potential new clients
• To ensure that the contractors' responsibilities under CDM are adhered to
• Support and maintain good communications with all members of the project team
• To work to continuously improve standards of performance and improve efficiency
• Exemplary team leadership and communications skills
• To fully own, lead and coordinate in-house and outsourced design (including process, mechanical, electrical, civil and CAD) of a project and follow it through to construction delivery
• To understand the risk and assumptions associated with a project and manage this risk appropriately
• To promote good health and safety practice
• Identify, propose and implement innovative ideas
• Undertake post-project reviews to identify and communicate lessons learned and best practice
• Ensure that policies and procedures are developed to ensure efficient operation of the business
• Support the recruitment, training, and development of staff through coaching, performance management and implementation of best practice
• Ensure effective project administration including production of method statements, risk assessments, quality documentation and handover packs
• Assist the Management Team with pre-qualification and tender submissions as necessary
• Adhere to company systems and procedures and improve where necessary
Qualifications and Skills
• Third level qualification – BEng (Hons) (relevant discipline-based) or equivalent
• Chartered status or working towards attaining the appropriate IEng or CEng accreditation
• Excellent in Microsoft Office applications particularly excel and word
• Commercial knowledge – Demonstrated understanding and application of contract commercial terms
• Detailed knowledge of the design process, engineering and in particular engineering design
• Excellent knowledge of civil engineering construction including reinforced concrete, structural steel, drainage, pipework (varied materials) and building works.
• Previous experience within the water industry is essential
• Have a good appreciation of other engineering disciplines within their teams (i.e. process, mechanical, electrical, ICA and CAD)
• Detailed knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and systems
Desirable skills, experience, and qualifications:
• SMSTS training
• Confined Space Training
• CSCS Card
• Lifting and Crane Experience
• Microsoft Project Use
• Experience in construction of wastewater treatment plants
You can expect to receive a very competitive salary, negotiable based on your experience, and excellent prospects to become a central part of the Senior Management team, leading further company growth. They offer an opportunity to work on very exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including company pension scheme, company car, and performance bonuses. You will become part of the company family where regular social events are arranged.
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience, then please apply today and one of our retained consultants will be in touch soon to discuss your application.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.