Job Title: Collections Executive
Location: London - Waterloo
Salary: £40k basic, plus annual company bonus, iPhone, laptop and the opportunity to work from home
Our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Collections Executive to join their modern and friendly offices in Waterloo!
You will be working for an award-winning company in the asset finance sector. Through the removal of unnecessary administrative procedures and the utilisation of advanced technology systems, our client provides customers with a fast, efficient service, while dedicated support teams guide customers through the process. This has allowed them to arrange more than £120m of financing across a variety of sectors – including manufacturing, construction, transport and recycling.
The company has grown from strength to strength over the last few years and they see no signs of their growth slowing in 2019 – for this reason they are looking for a Collections Executive, preferably with an asset finance background, to join their expanding team and assist them in recovering debts from late payments.
In this role you will:
- Make outbound collection calls on accounts which have fallen into arrears in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Be responsible for identifying customers’ needs, establishing their ability to repay and agree an arrangement
- Prioritise caseloads based on assessment of risk
- Monitor arrears and escalate any cases in respect of potential provisions to the Head of Collections in a prompt and effective manner
- Operate within a set of delegated authorities as defined by the business
- Proactively review collections and recoveries cases and feedback findings in relation to front end lending decisions and trends where possible, making recommendations where appropriate
- Send appropriate correspondence to debtors regarding arrears in relation to the FCA and TCF
- Liaise with internal and external contacts
- Agree and carry out timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a proven track record and at least 2 years’ experience in dealing with collections accounts in an asset finance / banking environment
- Knowledge of the Asset Finance industry is preferred
- Have an understanding and awareness of Data Protection Act and legislative requirements
- Be able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the wider Collections & Recoveries team’s objectives
- Be able to build productive relationships with internal and external contacts
- Demonstrate knowledge of the FCA and Treating Customers Fairly
- Demonstrate knowledge of compliance procedures within Financial Services
- Have excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Have an enthusiastic "can do" attitude and customer focussed approach
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
If this sounds like the job for you - contact Cat at Adam Butler Consultancy today for more information!