Job Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Rochdale, Manchester
Salary: £40k-£50k basic salary dependent on experience
Our client is offering an excellent opportunity for a Compliance Manager to join their offices in Rochdale!
Specialising in near-prime and non-prime motor finance in the UK, our client provides financial solutions to franchised motor retail groups and car supermarkets. Recognising that non-prime finance needs a more hands-on approach, they aim to offer bespoke and flexible finance solutions for their customers.
Our client is now seeking a Compliance Manager to join their team in order to ensure the continual efficiency and smooth running of the business, including consideration of potential significant changes to regulation and ensuring they are always at the forefront of ongoing progressions in the industry.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a Compliance Manager role, ideally gained within a consumer credit environment, and should have excellent communication, IT and organisational skills along with the ability to work to deadlines. Attention to detail is key to this role and you must be willing to take on the full responsibility of running the compliance function. Your role will be to support the compliance function with legal and regulatory requirements, conduct regular reviews of compliance policies and procedures, ensuring both current and future activity is customer focused and complies with its regulatory obligations.
In this role you will:
- Conduct regular internal reviews and audits to ensure compliance procedures are followed
- Identify compliance matters and make recommendations to the Managing Director that are commercially compliant
- Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis, update and roll out effectively where necessary
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities such as complaints received or investigation outcomes
- Conduct risk assessments and maintain register
- Assist with quality checks on staff and ensure any issues are reported immediately
- Monitor compliance systems in place and ensure effectiveness
- Overall management of compliance team and functions
- Assist with complaints handling and ensuring timely responses are issued
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organisational processes
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards
- Provide assistance to internal/external auditors
- Review consumer communications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Adhoc duties as required by the Managing Director
- Demonstrate flexibility in an ever changing and improving environment, coupled with a positive attitude and a high standard of self-conduct
- Attend any meetings/training sessions as requested by the Managing Director
- Any other responsibilities required to excel in the role
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Possess strong knowledge of FCA rules and supporting FCA documentation, Data Protection legislation and the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Have previous experience working in a compliance management role within consumer credit or FCA regulated background
- Have the ability to lead a team and provide support and guidance on all compliance matters
- Have effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Possess a positive can-do attitude
- Have experience of producing management reports and analysing data
- Be an excellent team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Be able to adapt to and embrace change within a dynamic organisation and regulatory environment
- Be flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
- Have excellent attention to detail
If this sounds like the job for you - contact Cat at Adam Butler Consultancy today for more information!